public class ConvertMaintainableXML
- extends Object
This is a command line utility class which upgrades the maintenance document xml stored in krns_maint_doc_t.doc_cntnt
to be able to still open and use any maintenance documents that were enroute at the time of an upgrade to Rice 2.0.
- Backup database.
- Add the conversion rules to the rules xml file -
See comments in the xml file to setup the rules.
- Run this class. Note that any classes being converted must be on the classpath.
- Enter the rice config file location that has the database connection properties. Only enter the location relative
to user.dir. NOTE -- If it is uncommented in ConvertMaintainableXML.java, MaintainableXMLConversionConfig.xml
in the user.dir will be used as the conversion config file. runmode, fromRange, and toRange can be
specified in this file to avoid prompting the user for this information. An example file can be found in
- If it is not specified in the config file, the user will be prompted for a run mode. Mode 1 will do the xml
upgrade and update the krns_maint_doc_t table with the new xml. CANNOT ROLL BACK AFTER THIS HAS BEEN DONE.
Mode 2 will only print out the old xml and the new xml - this can be used to test the rules xml setup.
- If it is not specified in the config file, the user will be prompted for the document number to upgrade from.
Enter "all" in the from range prompt to upgrade all documents. Otherwise this should be an starting document ID
such as 1000
- If it is not specified in the config file and the fromRange is not "all", the user will be prompted for the document
number to upgrade to. If "all" was entered for the fromRange, toRange will be ignored. toRange should be a
document ID such as 9999
- Kuali Rice Team (email@example.com)
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public static void main(String args)
public static boolean isNumber(String string)
public static HashMap getSettings(String filePath)
- Parses settings file and put the properties in a map.
filePath - - the location of the settings file
- a HashMap populated with the settings
Copyright © 2005-2013 The Kuali Foundation. All Rights Reserved.